Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nothing

I am desperate for another project, and nothing is coming to me. I've had ideas, but ideas and a buck 50 will buy you a cup of coffee. I've looked at a thousand websites searching for a spark of an idea. I've looked at the work at all 50 of the 2011 Critical Mass winners. I search for something that is not derivative of me or others. So, today, desperate, frustrated, I packed up the Super Graphic and drove around just searching for a photograph. Anything, and sadly I found nothing. The high clouds, which beautifully diffused the sun when I was packing my gear disappeared once I left my house allowing the harsh contrasty sun to dominate any potentially decent photograph. Especially after having been in Tuscany and Paris last month I'm feeling creatively stifled, and sometimes I just hate where I live. It's so culturally unalive and uninspiring. To demonstrate my frustration, this is the first blog post where I omit an image. Bahhhhh.

1 comment:

  1. I feel you, bro.

    I have no answer except to just. keep. shooting.

    I've come to accept that 9 of of 10 days you might get nothing that excites you. But on that 10th day, something will happen.

    Put together enough 10th days, and you have a project.

    Glib enough for you?

    Don't despair, friend.

    ReplyDelete